Re: Corrupted DB? could not open file pg_clog/#### - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Corrupted DB? could not open file pg_clog/####
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout writes:

> That's when you've reached the end of the table. The point is that
> before then you'll have found the value of N that produces the error.

Will be a while.. my little python script is doing under 10 selects/sec...
and there are nearly 67 million records. :-(

>> How?
>> Tried set client_min_message='DEBUG';
>
> That should do it.

The right one (for the archives) was actually:
set client_min_messages=DEBUG;

> It will rollback all pending transactions. The point is that it's
> looking for information about transactions that were committed. This is
> usually a memory or disk error.

So, should it be safe to create the file and fill it up with 256K zeros?

> Sounds like some corrupt data. Once you've located the invalid data,
> dump the block with pgfiledump, that should give you more info about
> what happened.

At the rate my script is going.. it's going to take a very long time to
find out where the problem is. If I have a dump.. any usefull info I can
take from the point the dump stopped?