Re: pg_xlog not cleaned up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wayne Conrad
Subject Re: pg_xlog not cleaned up
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:18:31PM +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
> After the online backup script runs, all subsequent attempts to run
> archive_command fail because the first thing it tries to archive away is
>  the still-existing *.backup file. This fails because a copy already
> exists in the archive area and the script refuses to overwrite the
> existing file.

I'm seeing this too.

In case more info will help Those Who Know Things:

My archive_command is a simple copy to local storage, pretty much
right lifted out of the manual:

archive_command = 'test ! -f /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/pitr/current/wal/%f && cp
+%p /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/pitr/current/wal/%f'

Version/Platform: Postgres 8.1.3-4, i386, Debian testing.