Re: Inserts optimization? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Inserts optimization?
Date
Re: Inserts optimization?  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane writes:

> Or at least try to do multiple inserts per transaction.

Will see if the program has an option like that.

> Also, increasing checkpoint_segments and possibly wal_buffers helps a

Will try those.

>Try to get the WAL onto a separate disk
>spindle if you can.  (These things don't matter for SELECTs, but they
>do matter for writes.)

This particular server is pretty much what I inherited for now for this
project.and its Raid 5. There is a new server I am setting up
soon... 8 disks which we are planning to setup
6 disks in RAID 10
2 Hot spares

In RAID 10 would it matter that WALL is in the same RAID set?
Would it be better:
4 disks in RAID10 Data
2 disks RAID 1 WALL
2 hot spares