Re: Update on Supporting Encryption in Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Murat Kantarcioglu
Subject Re: Update on Supporting Encryption in Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It is really hard to describe all the project in few e-mails.

Obviously, we will not try to run entire database software in that
secure hardware. Also memory limitations are not important.
For example, please check the research on "oblivious RAM" to see even
small memory on such hardware can be leveraged to execute programs with
huge memory requirements. Also please check the "Practical Private
Information Retrieval" work to see how such hardware is used for solving
PIR problem.

Anyway, I totaly understand your reservations but  we are trying to have
a solution to answer your concerns and much more. Thanks for the interest.
                       Murat