Re: [HACKERS] "SQL sentence"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] "SQL sentence"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/17/17 10:19 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> (FWIW, I'm wondering because I was just looking to see why there's no
>> details for things like altering a column in a table.)
> Do you mean you want to have access to the details of the alter table
> operations being executed?  There's no structured data for that; you
> need to write a C function to examine the pg_ddl_command opaque column.

Yeah. It doesn't seem unreasonable for a user to want to get at that info.

Could the opaque column be mapped to a composite? I guess that'd be a
bit of a pain due to the union. :/ And I have a suspicion that
alterTable.subcmds is a list of CollectedCommand, making things more fun.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)