Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/27/2017 02:20 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
>> The script for the windows version takes the
>> --with-openssl=<path> switch so that cannot just be translated to a single
>> --with-ssl switch. Should to have both --with-openssl and --with-gnutls or
>> --with-ssl=(openssl|gnutls) and --with-ssl-path=<path>? I also do not know
>> the Windows build code very well (or really at all).
>
> By default --with-openssl does not take a path with ./configure. When
> using gnutls, do the name of the libraries and the binaries generated
> change compared to openssl? If yes, and I guess that it is the case,
> you will need to be able to make the difference between gnutls and
> openssl anyway as the set of perl scripts in src/tools/msvc need to
> make the difference with deliverables at name-level. I would be
> personally fine with just listing gnutls in the list of options and
> comment it as --with-ssl=<path>, and change the openssl comment to
> match that.

Hm, after reading more of our MSVC code it seems like building with MSVC
does not really use switch, people rather have to create a config.pl. Is
that correct? The MSVC scripts also seems to only support uuid-ossp
which it just calls $config->{uuid}.

If so we could either have:

$config->{ssl} = "openssl";
$config->{sslpath} = "/path/to/openssl";

or

$config->{ssl} = "openssl";
$config->{openssl} = "/path/to/openssl";

or

$config->{openssl} = "/path/to/openssl";
vs
$config->{gnutls} = "/path/to/gnutls";

Andreas