Re: How to make the website use a translated po file ? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Adrian Maier
Subject Re: How to make the website use a translated po file ?
Date
List pgsql-www
On 5/5/07, Adrian Maier <adrian.maier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/5/07, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > Adrian Maier a écrit :
> > > I have copied the translated portal.mo to the portal/intl/ro_RO/LC_MESSAGES
> > > directory. And I have set the preferred language to "Romanian" in the web
> > > browser.
> > > What else needs to be done so that the menus get displayed using the
> > > translated texts ?
> > >

> > You need to make sure that Romanian is the language required by your
> > browser. If you use Firefox, here is what I did. On the location bar,
> > type "about:config". In the filter, type "accept_lang". Double click on
> > the value of "intl.accept_languages" and add at the beginning "ro,".
> > Click OK. Reload your local page.
>
> I have done that, except that i've changed the languages from
> Tools->Options->Advanced->Languages .
>
> The page contents is displayed according to the first language that
> appears in browser's list  ,  but the navigation menus are still displayed
> in English.
>
> The same problem happens when setting the language to French
> ( i've unpacked Guillaume's frenchwebsite2.tar.bz2 on my copy of the
> pgsql site ).
>
> Guillaume, do you happen have a minute to see with your browser settings
> whether the menus are displayed corectly in French on my server
> http://pgsql.newsoftcontrol.ro  ?
> This would help with finding out where is the problem : on the server or in my
> browser .
>
> Also,  are you using Firefox translated in French , or do you have the locale
> set to French?   On my client machine everything is in English , but this
> shouldn't matter ...

I have found a solution: the directory where i put the French  portal.mo
has to be intl/fr    ,  not  intl/fr_FR   .

Similarly,  the Romanian translation works if i put it in
portal/intl/ro/LC_MESSAGES .

Cheers,
Adrian Maier