Re: How to make the website use a translated po file ? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: How to make the website use a translated po file ?
Date
List pgsql-www
Adrian Maier a écrit :
> On 5/5/07, Adrian Maier <adrian.maier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/5/07, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> > Hi Adrian,

>> portal/intl/ro_RO/LC_MESSAGES
>> the web
>> > >

>> > You need to make sure that Romanian is the language required by your
>> > browser. If you use Firefox, here is what I did. On the location bar,
>> > type "about:config". In the filter, type "accept_lang". Double click on
>> > the value of "intl.accept_languages" and add at the beginning "ro,".
>> > Click OK. Reload your local page.
>>
>> I have done that, except that i've changed the languages from
>> Tools->Options->Advanced->Languages .
>>
>> The page contents is displayed according to the first language that
>> appears in browser's list  ,  but the navigation menus are still
>> displayed
>> in English.
>>
>> The same problem happens when setting the language to French
>> ( i've unpacked Guillaume's frenchwebsite2.tar.bz2 on my copy of the
>> pgsql site ).
>>
>> Guillaume, do you happen have a minute to see with your browser settings
>> whether the menus are displayed corectly in French on my server
>> http://pgsql.newsoftcontrol.ro  ?
>> This would help with finding out where is the problem : on the server
>> or in my
>> browser .
>>
>> Also,  are you using Firefox translated in French , or do you have the
>> locale
>> set to French?   On my client machine everything is in English , but this
>> shouldn't matter ...
>
> I have found a solution: the directory where i put the French  portal.mo
> has to be intl/fr    ,  not  intl/fr_FR   .
>
> Similarly,  the Romanian translation works if i put it in
> portal/intl/ro/LC_MESSAGES .

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your previous mail. Did you tweak
system/global/languages.php ? because I added an alias for fr_FR in the
$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] array. Here is the new declaration :

$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] = array(    'br' => 'pt_BR',    'en' => 'en_US',    'fr' => 'fr_FR',    'ru' => 'ru_RU',
 'tr' => 'tr_TR'

);

With romanian, it will be like this one :

$GLOBALS['_LANGUAGE_ALIASES'] = array(    'br' => 'pt_BR',    'en' => 'en_US',    'fr' => 'fr_FR',    'ro' => 'ro_RO',
 'ru' => 'ru_RU',    'tr' => 'tr_TR'

);

This way, you'll be able to use the ro_RO directory.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/     http://lfs.traduc.org/     http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->