Re: JDBC 4 support - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Lukas Eder
Subject Re: JDBC 4 support
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Feb 15, 10:44 am, henk53...@hotmail.com (henk de wit) wrote:
> Since I'm using Java 6, I normally download the JDBC4 PG driver. Last night I upgraded to JBoss AS 6, and when I used
theJDBC 4 driver it crashed with an exception stating something like Connection#createBlob wasn't implemented.
Apparentlythe internal Hibernate tries to call this method.
> The download page[1] still lists JDBC 4 support as "limited" saying that "the several of the new methods are stubbed
out".This is a step up from last year when it said "the majority". But still, it's hard to believe that this is really
stillthe case. How far off is complete JDBC 4 support?
> 1]http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

I'm curious about this as well, as I think that many advanced RDBMS
features, such as UDT's rely on this standard...