Re: JDBC 4 support - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mike Fowler
Subject Re: JDBC 4 support
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 16/02/11 09:39, Lukas Eder wrote:
> On Feb 15, 10:44 am, henk53...@hotmail.com (henk de wit) wrote:
>> Since I'm using Java 6, I normally download the JDBC4 PG driver. Last night I upgraded to JBoss AS 6, and when I
usedthe JDBC 4 driver it crashed with an exception stating something like Connection#createBlob wasn't implemented.
Apparentlythe internal Hibernate tries to call this method.
>> The download page[1] still lists JDBC 4 support as "limited" saying that "the several of the new methods are stubbed
out".This is a step up from last year when it said "the majority". But still, it's hard to believe that this is really
stillthe case. How far off is complete JDBC 4 support?
>> 1]http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
> I'm curious about this as well, as I think that many advanced RDBMS
> features, such as UDT's rely on this standard...
I've just done a grep of the source and found there's quite a number of
unimplemented methods (see attached), not just constrained to JDBC4.
Perhaps it would be worth adding these to the todo list on
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/todo.html? It might draw more developers by
making it known there is lots to do, certainly I will look to lend a
hand now that I know what's not done!

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787