Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70
Date
Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 7/21/22 5:07 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 15:09, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> What are your trying to do?
> Ideally I would want to dump out the stats without connecting to each
> database.

I can see the use case too (specially for monitoring tools) of being
able to collect the stats without connecting to each database.

> It seems like just having an interface to iterate over the shared hash
> table and return entries one by one without filtering by database
> would be fairly straightforward and I would be able to do most of what
> I want just with that.

What do you think about adding a function in core PG to provide such
functionality? (means being able to retrieve all the stats (+ eventually
add some filtering) without the need to connect to each database).

If there is some interest, I'd be happy to work on it and propose a patch.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot