Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v70
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-09 12:18:47 +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> What do you think about adding a function in core PG to provide such
> functionality? (means being able to retrieve all the stats (+ eventually add
> some filtering) without the need to connect to each database).

I'm not that convinced by the use case, but I think it's also low cost to add
and maintain, so if somebody cares enough to write something...

The only thing I would "request" is that such a function requires more
permissions than the default accessors do. I think it's a minor problem that
we allow so much access within a database right now, regardless of object
permissions, but it'd not be a great idea to expand that to other databases,
in bulk?

Greetings,

Andres Freund