Re: useability of apache, PHP, Postgres for real business apps - Mailing list pgsql-general

From caldodge@fpcc.net (Calvin Dodge)
Subject Re: useability of apache, PHP, Postgres for real business apps
Date
Re: Re: useability of apache, PHP, Postgres for real business apps  (Ron Chmara <ron@Opus1.COM>)
List pgsql-general
pvissenb@csc.com (Pieter Vissenberg) wrote in message news:<7ab85fc.0106272359.7bbbfbf2@posting.google.com>...
> All,
>
> Does anyone have experience with the use of PostgreSQL in combination
> with Apache and PHP in a real life business environment?

We're using those three for simple workflow docs right now (tracking
tasks and customer installs, as well as comments about those
operations), and planning on using it for customer data entry (once I
figure out the "best" way to translate our Access-based software to a
web-based format).

PHP 4 session management makes it really easy to create and use
session variables, so data filtering information (for example:
selecting only unfinished tasks) persists until the user actually
changes it ("select ALL tasks"), or until the browser is closed.