Re: [GENERAL] Compatibility of libpg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Compatibility of libpg
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/1/2017 5:44 PM, Igor Korot wrote:

> But I want to build from MSVC. I already have a solution for it. All I
> need is to create a project inside that solution which will build the
> dll and lib files for me.
>
> Or I have to use nmake?

pretty sure you need to run the top level config script to generate all
the right stuff, then you probably can have MSVC run the makefile in the
libpq directory.   I find it easier to just build the whole server, then
just use the libpq.dll rather than trying to build pieces seperately, as
it really doesn't take very long.   i believe there are notes on
building with MSVC on Windows,
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-windows-full.html
...   I see there are instructions for building libpq only,
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-windows-libpq.html
but I believe you still need most of the prerequisites as outlined in
17.1.1 ...   17.1.3 discusses a mkvcbuild.pl which makes a pgsql.sln
project(?) for Visual Studio