Re: [GENERAL] Compatibility of libpg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Korot
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Compatibility of libpg
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, John,

On May 1, 2017 8:00 PM, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 5/1/2017 4:28 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
Like I said, I don't have dll, I downloaded a source files and would
like to compile
the code myself from the MSVC.

And I will use libpg calls directly.

build the  postgres server, and it will generate the DLL, then link to that with your own apps.

Trouble is - I don't need the server,  client only.

Server is already built.

static linking to runtime libraries like this is strongly discouraged.

Yes, dynamic linking is planned.

But I want to build from MSVC. I already have a solution for it. All I need is to create a project inside that solution which will build the dll and lib files for me.

Or I have to use nmake?

Thank you.