Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shashank Sahni
Subject Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres'
Date
List pgsql-general

 createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  password
  authentication failed for user "postgres"

Odd I would have expected it to say something about identd
authentication failing.

Have you tried:

sudo su - postgres
createuser -d -A -P dpsace

?
 Oh... I am sorry...you are right...the error is
         "Ident authentication failed for user 'postgres' "
the error specified earlier appeared when i tried running.
   createuser -h localhost -U postgres -d -A -P dspace
Thanks for pointing it out..