Re: [psycopg] Import issue after PIP install - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [psycopg] Import issue after PIP install
Date
List psycopg
On 06/06/2017 07:22 AM, Mike Rice wrote:
> I'm currently trying to test out using psycopg2 and did a PIP install on
> my windows machine.  The problem is that as soon as I import the module
> I get the following error thrown back:

>    File
> "\\192.168.88.142\Mike\development\python\postgresql_connect_test.py",
> line 3, in <module>
>      import psycopg2
>    File "C:\Python 3.6\lib\site-packages\psycopg2\__init__.py", line 50,
> in <module>
>      from psycopg2._psycopg import BINARY, NUMBER, STRING, DATETIME, ROWID
> ImportError: can't import datetime module

> I'm still in the process of learning Python, and my Google-Fu has failed
> me in finding out what's going on here.  Any help would be appreciated.

The datetime  module is part of the standard library for Python so it
should be there. I suspect some install/PATH issue with the Python
install itself. So:

1) How did you install Python on Windows?

2) Where is \\192.168.88.142?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com