Re: Patch for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dany DeBontridder
Subject Re: Patch for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I guess this matches this TODO item:
>         o Allow selection of individual object(s) of all types, not just
>           tables
(...)
Code-wise, the patch seems a bit of a mess too --- it will certainly not
scale up to dumping some functions and some other things, as one would
expect for instance if one said "pg_dump -Q myfunc -t mytab ...".  It
doesn't even look like it will handle multiple -Q switches.  I think a
minimum expectation is that -Q would work like -t now does.

Well it was my first patch :-) So I suggest to use a generic argument  like --object=function, which could be extended  later to object=type, table, sequence, trigger... But now I have another problem: how to specify a name ?

regards,

D.