Re: [GENERAL] NOTIFY command impact - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] NOTIFY command impact
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/21/2017 02:43 PM, Rob Brucks wrote:
> That's a great thought!
>
> Comparing between systems (one where I don't issue "notify" and one where I do every minute) yields the same thing:
one8k file named "0000".

> If that's truly where notifications are stored, then it looks like I should be good, at least for storage.  But I
wonderif that file is only used to store notify commands during shutdown/startup?

 From the source of async.c:

During start or reboot, clean out the pg_notify directory.

I would guess the 0000 file is like a WAL file it is a pre-initialized
file filled with 0(?)'s

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com