Re: could not open relation: Invalid argument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: could not open relation: Invalid argument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 14, 2008 11:03 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Roberts, Jon wrote:
> > Version: PostgreSQL 8.2.5 on i686-pc-mingw32
> >
> > I recently started getting this error message randomly, "could not open
> > relation 42904/42906/42985: Invalid argument".  I also got it for a couple
> > of other files.  All three files are related to tables that have just a
> > single row each.
>
> This has been reported before, and we've patched the system so that the
> error reported is better.  In HEAD we also patched it so that the system
> would automatically retry a number of times if the problem is
> ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION (or something like that).  That patch was not
> backported to 8.2 due to lack of testing -- the original reported did
> not come back to try the patched version.
>
> If you want to try, the patch is here:
> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql/changeset/29853
>
> Let us know how it goes.  If your problem is easily reproducible and the
> patch makes it go away, we would consider back-patching the fix.

I have builded a patched version of 8.2, if you want i can send it to you...
if your mail server doesn't accept large files (the zip file is 5.6
mb) then maybe someone can share some space for temporarily store
it...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning."                                      Richard Cook