Re: Unable to identify an ordering operator '<' for type 'smallint[]' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Unable to identify an ordering operator '<' for type 'smallint[]'
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 1/11/06, Mauricio Fernandez A. <mfacontacto@ono.com> wrote:
> Hello I have been working in a report based on the query bellow.  It works
> fine in my development server which is postgres 8.0 but in production I have
> postgres 7.3 and I am getting the following error:
>
> SQL Error :
> ERROR:  Unable to identify an ordering operator '<' for type 'smallint[]'
>        Use an explicit ordering operator or modify the query
>
> In declaration:
> select ac.idanalisis, ac.idpt, pt.codigohospital, ct.nombre as
> nombrehospital,
>         pt.codigomedico, m.nombre || ' ' || m.apellidos as nombremedico,
> ac.pacact,
>        ac.potencialpacientes, ac.planvisitas
> from plannegocio.analisiscliente ac
>        inner join plannegocio.planterritorio pt on ac.idpt = pt.idpt
>        inner join centrotrabajo ct on pt.codigohospital = ct.codigo
>        inner join medico m on pt.codigomedico = m.codigo
> where ac.idpt in
>        (select pt.idpt from plannegocio.planterritorio pt where pt.idplan =
> 1)
> group by ac.idanalisis, ac.idpt, pt.codigohospital, ct.nombre,
> pt.codigomedico,
>        nombremedico, ac.pacact, ac.potencialpacientes, ac.planvisitas
> order by ct.nombre, nombremedico
>
> The only strange thing in the query is that ac.potencialpacientes is
> smallint[] (in fact is the only thing with sense I can see in the error
> message) but I am not using the '<' operator as it suggest.
>
> Can somebody help me?.
> thanks in advance
>
> Mauricio Fernández A.
> Ingeniero de Sistemas
> U. Autónoma de Manizales

that's why is a bad idea to develop in version that is superior to the
one you will use in production...

my advice, upgrade your production server to 8.1.2... there were some
work in arrays in 8.x.x

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova