Re: Unable to identify an ordering operator '<' for type 'smallint[]' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to identify an ordering operator '<' for type 'smallint[]'
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Mauricio Fernandez A." <mfacontacto@ono.com> writes:
> The only strange thing in the query is that ac.potencialpacientes is
> smallint[] (in fact is the only thing with sense I can see in the error
> message) but I am not using the '<' operator as it suggest.

No, but you're trying to GROUP BY ac.potencialpacientes, and in 7.3 the
only way to do grouping is sort/unique.  So you have to be able to sort
the datatype, and 7.3 doesn't have code to do comparison of arrays.

> Can somebody help me?.

Upgrade.  7.3 is pretty ancient anyway.  Quite aside from lack of features,
its performance is poor compared to 8.1.
        regards, tom lane