Re: Anomalies with the now() function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Anomalies with the now() function
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/21/05, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> [Please copy the mailing list on replies and please don't change
> the Subject header.  I've restored the original subject and am
> copying the list on this reply.  I'll look at this when I get a
> chance, but maybe somebody else will answer before then.]
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:28:30PM -0000, Byrne Kevin-kbyrne01 wrote:
> > Thank you for your response and I would be intereted in your opinion on a further explanation of my problem:
> >
> > The first table table (call it Table A) gets the timestamp using timeofday - and assuming what you say below is
true- Table B will take now() as start of transaction time - so I can understand that part where they could be
differentbut considering that for moServer every operation happens in a single txn, following will be the case

> > Moserver receives the event - timestamps it as 't1'
> > -- time lapse before moserver computes the transation and gives it to odbc.
> > Txn_begin-  now() gets frozen to 't2'
> > Insert - now() should put it as 't2'
> > Txn_end()- done.

where is the server in moserver or in another machine you reach with
the odbc connection? if there are two machines involved maybe the
first time you get the time ;) is from one machine and the second time
from the other...

just an idea...

--
Atentamente,