Re: Anomalies with the now() function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Anomalies with the now() function
Date
List pgsql-general
[Please copy the mailing list on replies and please don't change
the Subject header.  I've restored the original subject and am
copying the list on this reply.  I'll look at this when I get a
chance, but maybe somebody else will answer before then.]

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:28:30PM -0000, Byrne Kevin-kbyrne01 wrote:
> Thank you for your response and I would be intereted in your opinion on a further explanation of my problem:
>
> The first table table (call it Table A) gets the timestamp using timeofday - and assuming what you say below is true
-Table B will take now() as start of transaction time - so I can understand that part where they could be different but
consideringthat for moServer every operation happens in a single txn, following will be the case

--
Michael Fuhr