Re: thw rewriter and default values, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: thw rewriter and default values, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/6/05, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > I know you're right, but -when dealing with updateable views- doing
> > that implies to add a lot of time altering views when base table
> > change, and of course we maybe don't want all views get that values.
>
> Sorry for the late posting on this thread.
>
> Might there be any way to have something like ...SET DEFAULT
> pg_same_as('public','foo','col1').
>
> Hmm - you'd need pg_same_as_int/text/etc. depending on the return-type -
> still not ideal.

Actually, i try to do that but i need the function to be polymorphic
and because polymorphic functions needs to receive at least one
polymorphic argument that teach about the return type of the function
i can't go ahead with this idea.

About the code i talk earler in this thread i solve the problem with
the update to serial columns.

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova