Re: In which session context is a trigger run? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: In which session context is a trigger run?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/28/18 12:59 PM, Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pg_temp.my_function()
>>
>> And it does what?
>
> Copies/transforms data from posts into posts_temp.
>
>>> When a row is added to "posts" table outside of my session, function
>>> "my_function" is called, but it seems it cannot access "posts_temp"
>>> table. It seems that "my_function" is called in the session of the
>>
>> Temp tables can not be seen by other sessions.
>
> Sure, but why is a temporary function used as a temporary trigger made

There is no such thing as a temporary trigger.

> from my session not run inside my session? Then it could see a
> temporary table made in my session.

Except that is not what your OP stated:

"And I add it to a regular table as a trigger:

CREATE TRIGGER posts_insert AFTER INSERT ON posts REFERENCING NEW
TABLE AS new_table FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE FUNCTION
pg_temp.my_function();

When a row is added to "posts" table outside of my session, function
"my_function" is called, but it seems it cannot access "posts_temp"
table."

So are you talking about another case now?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com