Re: In which session context is a trigger run? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitar
Subject Re: In which session context is a trigger run?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pg_temp.my_function()
>
> And it does what?

Copies/transforms data from posts into posts_temp.

> > When a row is added to "posts" table outside of my session, function
> > "my_function" is called, but it seems it cannot access "posts_temp"
> > table. It seems that "my_function" is called in the session of the
>
> Temp tables can not be seen by other sessions.

Sure, but why is a temporary function used as a temporary trigger made
from my session not run inside my session? Then it could see a
temporary table made in my session.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/