Re: [BUGS] BUG #14542: 'readline' not found although it exists - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14542: 'readline' not found although it exists
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2/12/2017 8:12 PM, clive@softimp.com.au wrote:
> I've downloaded PG-9.6.2 version (from the postgreSQL site) to the install
> from source.
> When I run ./configure it reports that 'readline' is not found.  The first
> time I ran 'configure' the output was actually true.  So I installed
> 'readline' version 6.7 (from source), checked that it had been installed at
> /use/local/lib and ../include.  Ran 'configure' for PG-9.2 again and
> received the same output. I then wnet through the same process installing
> 'readline' 7.0.  But alas the same result.  I then tried 'libedit' but it
> had it's own problems in not finding 'libncurses' or 'libtermcap'.  Had had
> enough of chasing tails and so now am writing for advice on a solution or
> work-around.

why don't you use yum to install the RPM's for readline-devel and such
instead of building your own non-standard libraries? the -devel packages
contain the stuff you need to compile things, such as .h files.