[BUGS] BUG #14542: 'readline' not found although it exists - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From clive@softimp.com.au
Subject [BUGS] BUG #14542: 'readline' not found although it exists
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14542
Logged by:          Clive Boughton
Email address:      clive@softimp.com.au
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.2
Operating system:   Fedora 25

I've downloaded PG-9.6.2 version (from the postgreSQL site) to the install
from source.
When I run ./configure it reports that 'readline' is not found.  The first
time I ran 'configure' the output was actually true.  So I installed
'readline' version 6.7 (from source), checked that it had been installed at
/use/local/lib and ../include.  Ran 'configure' for PG-9.2 again and
received the same output. I then wnet through the same process installing
'readline' 7.0.  But alas the same result.  I then tried 'libedit' but it
had it's own problems in not finding 'libncurses' or 'libtermcap'.  Had had
enough of chasing tails and so now am writing for advice on a solution or
work-around.
Clive.