Re: Experience with many schemas vs many databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Loyal
Subject Re: Experience with many schemas vs many databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 15, 1:07 pm, lovetodrinkpe...@gmail.com (undisclosed user)
wrote:
> If I were to switch to a single DB/single schema format shared among all
> users , how can I backup each user individually?
>
> Frank
> <snip>

I would love to understand why that would be a requirement.  I would
much
prefer backing up one database/schema.  If I needed to restore a
single user
I then have options such as restoring to my test database then
extracting
that single user's data, though it is still unclear to me why that
would be a
requirement.  If it is so single users can get a backup their own
data, I would
do it using a generic script or function.  Since your users would see
their own
views only that should work fine.

Loyal