Re: What is statement ID of table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jignesh Shah
Subject Re: What is statement ID of table?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Andreas. Sorry for confusion here. I mean statement ID that can be associated with prepared query(not table) to improve performance of building query. I just need to find plan using statement ID and execute it. I don't know how to do this.

Thanks,
Jignesh

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could any one please tell me what is statement ID of table?

There isn't such ID, but every table has an OID, an Object Identifier.

> How to get it and

The (hidden) column "oid" of pg_class contains this OID.

> in which scenarios it can be helpful? Any documentation or example about

I think, you don't need this, it is only for internal.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/datatype-oid.html

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47150,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)