Re: Repost: Syntax - or unavailability of same - for variable join??? Can anyone help? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Patnude
Subject Re: Repost: Syntax - or unavailability of same - for variable join??? Can anyone help?
Date
List pgsql-general
You might have better success with the form of HAVING and appropriate use of
OR IS NULL as opposed to strict JOIN and WHERE conditions...

Similar to...

SELECT A.a, B.b, C.c FROM A, B, C
HAVING (A.b = B.b OR B.b IS NULL)
GROUP BY A.b;