CRM Academic Research Request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Nolan
Subject CRM Academic Research Request
Date
List pgsql-general
I received the following note on another database-oriented list.

This may be something that pg users could help in, though I'll also
pass on the caveat that the other list had, that I have no direct knowledge
about the institution or the researchers.
--
Mike Nolan

At Henley Management College, in the UK, we are conducting an
international academic not-for-profit research project on data quality
in operational data warehouses supporting CRM processes. It is NOT
required to have in production a CRM application (i.e. end-users might
access customer data via traditional queries and/or business
intelligence tools). The objectives of the research are to allow data
warehouse practitioners to reach an accurate understanding of:

-          Their end-users' perceptions of the quality of customer
relationship data in their firms' data warehouse

-          The impact of their data warehouse' customer relationship
data on their end-users' ability understanding CRM problems, e.g.,
identification of the components of a customer relationship problem
statement

-          The impact of their data warehouse customer relationship data
on their end-users' information search behaviour, e.g., search strategies.

Key Points:

In my experience as a data warehouse practitioner key points are that

-          End-users' perceptions of the quality of their customer
relationship data are a key factor in their satisfaction. Such
perceptions might result in a gap with respect some metrics that IT
executives might have (e.g. from data profiling tools). Remember:
"Perception is reality"

-          Today's competitive pressure requires permanent justification
of your business assets.  Wouldn't be great to demonstrate that thanks
to your data warehouse your end-users have improved (i) their ability
understanding problems and (ii) their search behaviour?

Invitation to Participate:

Ron, I need qualified informants (i.e. practitioners working in
campaigns, sales, or customer support with customer data stored in a
data warehouse) willing to participate in this research. I kindly ask
for (i) your participation filling out the survey (if you think that you
qualify) and (ii) help forwarding the URL below to your Oracle Users Group.

Value Proposition for Participants:

By filling out the short survey (20 minutes) at the URL below,

-          Participants will be able to reuse this scientific
questionnaire for assessing periodically their end-users' perceptions of
the quality of their customer relationship data. Doing it, it will be
able to track evolution and plan/implement corrective actions.

-          Participants will receive a summary of the results

-          (Optional) participants can benchmark their organization to
the overall findings.

Action to be Taken:

-          If you think that you qualify, please, fill out the short
survey at the URL www.henleymc.ac.uk/quest/59365.htm
<http://www.henleymc.ac.uk/quest/59365.htm>

-          Forward the URL www.henleymc.ac.uk/quest/59365.htm
<http://www.henleymc.ac.uk/quest/59365.htm> to your user group kindly
asking for their end-users (i.e. practitioners working in campaigns,
sales, or customer support with customer data stored in a data
warehouse) input.

-          In case someone wants to benchmark his/her organization,
he/she should (i) ask his/her end-users for fulfilling the organization
name with a coded name (e.g. "Bank of Joe"), an agreed acronym or the
explicit true name and (ii) forward to my attention the e-mail address
of the person designated for receiving the benchmark. Please, notice
that identification (e.g. personal name, organization) is optional.

Follow Up:

-          If we get a significant response rate from a given
organization (i.e. +10 respondents), we could benchmark the results to
the overall findings and send a report to the attention of the
designated person.

-          We will send a summary of the results if this is requested in
the questionnaire.

-          The questionnaire will be available for you in case you
request it

Ron, I hope you will find interesting my kind invitation to participate
in this research. Otherwise, please, accept my apologies for disturbing
you.  If you have questions in regard to this research please contact
me. If you require further confirmation of my status as
Research Associate of Henley Management College, please, contact the
Director of Studies, Doctoral Programme, Dr. David
Price (David.Price@henleymc.ac.uk <mailto:David.Price@henleymc.ac.uk>).

Sincerely,

Raul M. Abril

HMC, Research Associate