Re: Remote Connection Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Remote Connection Help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/21/19 7:15 AM, Jason L. Amerson wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I cannot connect to the server by “psql -h xx.xx.xx.xx.” I can connect
> to my Ubuntu machine from other computers using SSH and I can connect to
> PostgreSQL if I SSH first. But I cannot connect directly to PostgreSQL
> either through a client machine or if I run “psql -h xx.xx.xx.xx” while
> using my Ubuntu machine.

1) Is the Postgres server listening on port 5432?

2) What is the full remote connection string you are using?

3) What is the remote machine, a hosted virtual machine, your own
physical machine, etc?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com