Re: Adding percentile metrics to pg_stat_statements module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adrien Nayrat
Subject Re: Adding percentile metrics to pg_stat_statements module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/31/19 8:32 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> IMO having some sort of CDF approximation (being a q-digest or t-digest)
> would be useful, although it'd probably need to be optional (mostly
> becuase of memory consumption).

+1, I like this idea. If we are afraid of CPU cost we could imagine some kind of
sampling or add the possibility to collect only for a specific queryid.

I dreamed of this kind of feature for PoWA.  Thus, it could make possible to
compare CDF between two days for example, before and after introducing a change.

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT