Re: history table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robin Helgelin
Subject Re: history table
Date
Re: history table  (Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 8/21/07, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com> wrote:
> Well, you haven't told us much about your webapp.  Are you using
> connection pooling?  If so, then you'll need to provide the webapp
> userid as an additional parameter to your database updates.  If you are
> not using connection pooling, such that your webapp userids are
> connecting as themselves, then the problem becomes much easier; you've
> got the correct userid to log by just looking at the connection details.

Yes, this is where I'm too new to postgresql, how do I tell the
database which user is logged in to the webapp? A session parameter?
There will be connection pooling, but if I know how to solve the
previous question I don't think it's hard to get it working with the
pool.

--
        regards,
        Robin