Re: history table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: history table
Date
List pgsql-general
Robin Helgelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to save history for a few tables using triggers on update and
> creation. What's the best approach to do this in a webapp environment
> where I want to save which webapp user that is doing the change, not
> the postgresql user?

Well, you haven't told us much about your webapp.  Are you using
connection pooling?  If so, then you'll need to provide the webapp
userid as an additional parameter to your database updates.  If you are
not using connection pooling, such that your webapp userids are
connecting as themselves, then the problem becomes much easier; you've
got the correct userid to log by just looking at the connection details.

--
Guy Rouillier