Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   >> PostgreSQL most definitely works great on Solaris x86 !  At UC   >> Berkeley, we have our undergraduate students
hackon the   >> internals of PostgreSQL in the upper-division "Introduction to   >> Database Systems" class ..   >>
http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs186/
   Chris> Hi Sailesh,
   Chris> You know what would be kind of cool?  If you could write a   Chris> "Guide to PostgreSQL to Teach
Databases".
   Chris> eg. You could cover how to set up the server securely   Chris> (eg. schemas for each person), etc.
   Chris> How to manage it all, handle upgrades, etc.  Mention what   Chris> things are good to get students to hack on
inthe   Chris> internals, etc.

   Chris> Could be a good techdocs.postgresql.org article.

Hmm .. this is probably a good idea. I ought to do it for the benefit
of future TAs here anyway - but I wasn't thinking on the lines of a
full-fledged article .. just burnt out with too much writing :-)

I'm just underwater until the end of the semester. If I don't come
through by the end of december do ping me.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh