Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> PostgreSQL most definitely works great on Solaris x86 !
>
> At UC Berkeley, we have our undergraduate students hack on the
> internals of PostgreSQL in the upper-division "Introduction to
> Database Systems" class ..
>
> http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs186/

Hi Sailesh,

You know what would be kind of cool?  If you could write a "Guide to
PostgreSQL to Teach Databases".

eg. You could cover how to set up the server securely (eg. schemas for
each person), etc.

How to manage it all, handle upgrades, etc.  Mention what things are
good to get students to hack on in the internals, etc.

Could be a good techdocs.postgresql.org article.

Just a thought :)

Chris