Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From William Yu
Subject Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?
Date
Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?  (Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-performance
This is an intriguing thought which leads me to think about a similar
solution for even a production server and that's a solid state drive for
just the WAL. What's the max disk space the WAL would ever take up?
There's quite a few 512MB/1GB/2GB solid state drives available now in
the ~$200-$500 range and if you never hit those limits...

When my current job batch is done, I'll save a copy of the dir and give
the WAL on ramdrive a test. And perhaps even buy a Sandisk at the local
store and run that through the hooper.