Re: Oracle 'connect by prior' now eaiser in 7.3? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Wegner
Subject Re: Oracle 'connect by prior' now eaiser in 7.3?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

i have a table like this:

CREATE TABLE "public"."WINUSER" ( "ID_WINUSER" INTEGER NOT NULL, "STATUS" INTEGER NOT NULL, "CUSTOMERID" VARCHAR(8) NOT
NULL,"CUSTOMERPW" VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL, "EMAIL" VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL, "REF_ID_WINUSER" INTEGER, PRIMARY
KEY("ID_WINUSER"),
) WITH OIDS;

and will get the tree from this to fields:
 "ID_WINUSER" INTEGER NOT NULL, "REF_ID_WINUSER" INTEGER,

i write this sql:

SELECT "ID_WINUSER" FROM connectby('"WINUSER"', '"ID_WINUSER"',
'"REF_ID_WINUSER"', 4, 0, '~') AS t("ID_WINUSER" integer)

and get this error:

ERROR:  Query-specified return tuple not valid for Connectby: wrong number
of columns

How is the correct use of connectby() for me?
Thomas Wegner