Re: Stored procedures and out parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Stored procedures and out parameters
Date
Re: Stored procedures and out parameters
List pgsql-hackers
On 16/08/2018 19:54, Shay Rojansky wrote:
> I don't think there's anything really Microsoft-specific about any of
> this (except maybe in the history) - just like JDBC and psycopg, there's
> simply a single standard way in the database API for invoking
> server-side things, and not two ways.

Have you looked what those standard interfaces do in other SQL
implementations (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Derby, MySQL)?  AFAICT in no case
does it involve allowing functions to be called as procedures or vice versa.