Re: Password for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: Password for postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
>>The command goes through fine, but the next time I log into postgres using the command,
 >>psql mydb postgres
 >>it logs in, and doesnt ask me for a password at all. If I issue a command like,

This is because you have trust in pg_hba.conf file, change it to md5 so it asks for password every time you log in :)

>>psql mydb postgres mypwd

That is not the correct way, just as i mentioned change it to md5 and now when you do

psql -d mydb -U postgres

It will ask for a password.

--
Shoaib Mir