Re: The empty list? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Bono
Subject Re: The empty list?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc> writes:
> Whereas this gives a syntax error:

> # select 1 in ();
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")" at character 14
> LINE 1: select 1 in ();
>                      ^

I think the short answer why the spec disallows this (which it does)
is that it considers the right-hand side to be a table, and with
absolutely nothing there, there is no way to impute a rowtype to the
table.

So if this syntax violates the specs then the ORM is the what needs to be change.  The ORM should not attempt to do this.

I have to use DB2 sometimes and it also does not allow empty ().

What ORM are you using that is trying to do this?

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com
   http://codeelixir.com