Re: Database recovery in postgres 7.2.4. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Database recovery in postgres 7.2.4.
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Santosh" <ssbhujbal@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi All.
>
> My setup is as follows:
> OS: Sun Solaris 5.8.
> Postgres: 7.2.4
>
> I have very large database, which contain 15 tables and each table is
> contain more than 10,00,000 records.
>
> My application is parsing text data files and inserting records into
> database.
>
> When this process was running last night, machine was got down because
> of power failure.
>
> Today when I come back to office and I have compaired record count in
> data files and in database and find that some records are missing in
> database.
>
> Then I have checked postgres log and found log similar to as follows:
> =================================
> DEBUG:  The DataBase system was not properly shut down
>     Automatic recovery is in progress...
> DEBUG:  Redo starts at (0, 1064)
>
> I have read some WAL related stuff on postgres site but not found any
> solution to recover those uncommited records.
>
> Can any one tell me how to recover those missing records?

If they were not committed, then there is no way to do so.

Uncommitted work is properly discarded when the database is brought
back online.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/sgml.html