Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Cai
Subject Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks.  I have tried your program.  But it seems that it has trouble with EUC_CN.
It returns unrecoginzed value of empty columns.

BTW: I've solved this problem.  Every one using odbc on windows shuold read this mail:

  psqlODBC with Visual Studio 2005 and Connection Pooling for newbies

On Nov 7, 2007 4:48 AM, Alvaro Herrera < alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
????????? wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I found my C/S program becomes slow.  So I analysed the tcp
> traffic between my program and the Postgresql database.  I found there
> are occasionally tcp re-transmission and that's why my porgram slow
> down.
>
> But when I changed to npsql,  the tcp traffic was cut off to only 1/4
> and there are much fewer re-transmission.  I am not sure it's the
> problem of odbc or it's because that I am using odbc correctly.

FYI there's another Postgres ODBC driver that is said to have better
performance.

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng

(Yes, my company maintains it)

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

古希腊有一种哲人,穿着很宽的袍子走来走去。他们会划优美的曲线,其中包含了自己全部的心胸。他们的朋友也是智者,只有智者们互相之间才能明白彼此的曲线彼此的心胸。