tsearch2 Upgrade to 8.3 tsearch2.so errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darragh Gammell
Subject tsearch2 Upgrade to 8.3 tsearch2.so errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I am currently upgrading from 8.1 to 8.3 and am getting errors when restoring the dump from 8.1 into 8.3. Like below:

ERROR:  could not find function "gtsvector_in" in file "/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/lib/tsearch2.so"
ERROR:  function public.gtsvector_in(cstring) does not exist
ERROR:  could not find function "gtsvector_out" in file "/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/lib/tsearch2.so"
ERROR:  function public.gtsvector_out(gtsvector) does not exist
ERROR:  function gtsvector_in(cstring) does not exist

I have read this is due to the tsearch2 functions being moved into the core section of postgres and I'll need to do some editing after the dump to change where the functions get referenced.

My question is: ( As I am no dba)
How do I change a create function statement like below so that it will load correctly in 8.3 and not lose the functionality.

CREATE FUNCTION gtsvector_in(cstring) RETURNS gtsvector
    AS '$libdir/tsearch2', 'gtsvector_in'
    LANGUAGE c STRICT;

Thanks in advance

Darragh