Re: Standalone Windows Installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashesh D Vashi
Subject Re: Standalone Windows Installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Jörn Heid wrote:
> Thanks Ashesh for your answer.
>
> I will try to do so although I first have to install VC (or can I just
> use the directories from WinSxS?). Is there another possibility
> without setting an environment variable? Think of the simplest
> distribution of just copying files (e.g. to a USB stick) and
> "pg_ctrl.exe start" will work out of the box...
I thought - you have built the binaries from sources. So, I was talking
about VC installation.
My solution should work perfectly, when you have built the binaries from
sources using Visual Studio.
Redistribution (copying) of these binaries should work anywhere. (You
may need to add dependent dll(s) in the distribution package. i.e. ssl,
krb5)

Regards,
Ashesh