Re: Creating a new database in pgadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Creating a new database in pgadmin
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 17 March 2010 11:10, javib <javier.burgos@ricoh.es> wrote:

Hello,
I would like to create a database in a different hard drive than the one in
which pgadmin is installed. I've been looking through the options of pgadmin
and I haven't seen anything. The reason I'm doing this is because this new
database I'm going to create will be huge and I need lots of space.
Can anyone help me with this issue??

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
--

You will need to create a new tablespace onto the other hard drive then create the database using that tablespace:

For example:

CREATE TABLESPACE new_space LOCATION '/media/otherdrive';

CREATE DATABASE new_db TABLESPACE new_space;

Regards

Thom