Re: UKPUG and using the PUGs site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: UKPUG and using the PUGs site
Date
List pgsql-www
2009/10/17 Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie@gmail.com>:

> Yeah, the permissions are such that you need to be added to a
> posting-enabled group to put content up.  In the past, we've
> restricted this to the people who are running the PUG.
>
> Would you like to help organize meetings? I'd be happy to add you as
> someone who can post announcements.
>
> Dave and Simon have traditionally been the folks to do this, IIRC.
>
> -selena

Thanks for replying Selena.  I think I understand what the content
creation is for then; for organisers to communicate to their
respective groups.

As much as I'd like meetings to take place, I'm not confident enough
to organise them at this stage as I'm not at all familiar with how
these groups work, and I don't mean only a PostgreSQL user group.  My
first physical step into the community will be at PGDay in Paris in a
few weeks, so things may change after that.

Am I to understand that there are no UK meetings of any kind at the
moment?  I've only really heard of Dave Page and Simon Riggs, and I
don't get much sense of a community here in the UK due to lack of
members.

On a related note, what generally takes place at other meetings, and
what form do they take?  Yes, I really don't know :)

Thom